Position: Operations Research Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
- Gather data from Customers, Vendors, Partners and Sales Managers to analyze the customer satisfaction level and advise on making improvements
- Track, report and analyze key metrics, including inbound and outbound operations, labor management and customer service issues.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Analyze and report in period and trending service, productivity, and financial performance along with other KPI’s
- Modify/Define inputs to mathematical programming models (e.g., cost inputs) to analyze industry scenarios. Modify constraint sets, variables, and other model elements for use in analytic projects.
- Utilize statistical modeling and mathematical optimization models to develop and refine revenue management models congruent to the evolving business on an ongoing basis.
- Designs analytic plan/develop hypotheses to test. Understands limitations of analysis (what it can and cannot be used for).
- Develops the approach and methods to define and solve management problems through quantitative analysis and analytical models, using operations research, statistics, machine learning, forecasting techniques and structured programming languages (matrix algebra, linear programs, mixed integer programs, non-linear programs, linear and non-linear set of equations)
- Assists with the development of stochastic models that estimate probability distributions of potential outcomes by allowing for random variation in one or more inputs over time
- Identify and articulate capability gaps and produce client recommendations for solutions to mitigate or fill capability gaps for established requirements.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems
- Apply analytic techniques such as statistical analysis, modeling, forecasting and measurement to effect analyses (e.g. ANOVA, Multiple Regression), cost analysis, flow modeling, forecast modeling, linear programming, simulations and queuing theory, and business reengineering.
- Collaborate with project managers, solutions architects and project sponsors to determine project scope and how to execute multiple projects.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements, and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas across the organization.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers and Team leaders.
- Assist Management to establish a consistent and logical framework for employees to handle data through their information governance policies and procedures.
- Assist with project planning, scheduling, status reporting and project budgets
- Maintain/Improve existing optimization algorithms in existing products.
- Assist in the improvement of existing optimization algorithms.
- Build effective relationships and collaborate with teammates, business leaders, and HR clients to solve organizational problems. Communicate findings and recommendations to influence leaders to act on the results.
- Participating in reviewing processes and procedures, independently analyzing projects containing complex information, contributing to the annual budget, staffing, and space and facilities management.
- Participate in scrum team activities, effort estimation, project planning Agile Release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, technical discussions and daily stand up meetings, Effort estimation by defining and estimating work-break-downs.
- Active involvement in various phases of the Software Implementation Life Cycle to develop the project using the Agile (SCRUM, SPRINT) methodologies.
- Execute the projects in Agile methodology using Rally application to track User stories
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Create queries to provide ad-hoc reports, analyses, and datasets based on business needs
- Work with IT staff to find the best approach to documents management using SharePoint
- Create and Maintain documents and procedure using basic and advanced functions and features of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint
- Create training documentation and user guides for a customized software system implementation
- Develop Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and yearly reports using the data collected from customers, vendors and present it to management with potential solutions for the areas of improvements.
- Master’s Degree in Operation Research, Transportation Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related field plus 2+ years of industry experience OR Ph.D. in Operation Research, Transportation Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience developing optimization models for business decisions
- Experience writing scripts (Perl, Python, Ruby) to manipulate data and developing software in traditional programming languages.